They feel so soft they are often mistaken for pure cotton and they don’t require ironing – perfect for the busy hostess.
We’re often asked about how they work. What’s so special about them that makes them easy-care?
We learned the answer from Sferra.
Both collections use ring-spun polyester yarns, which are stronger and more durable than the commonly used open end yarns.
Producing open end yarns is faster and less expensive, while producing ring-spun yarns is more expensive and takes up to five times longer. In the ring-spun process, the yarn is made by continuously twisting and thinning the strands. This twisting results in a stronger yarn with a significantly softer hand.
Ring-spun yarn gives our Orchard and Juliet tablecloths many good qualities:
- They are more resistant to dirt
- The colors stay rich and vibrant with no fading
- They are twice as strong as tablecloths made from open-end yarns
- They resist tearing and pilling, so they look beautiful for longer
- They don’t wrinkle easily, so you don’t have to iron them
The ring-spun yarn also creates a lighter and softer tablecloth, with a more luxurious drape. Juliet is a great example – the tablecloths could easily be mistaken for cotton, they drape so beautifully.