Designer Tips: How to Decorate with Pillows
Throw pillows are an easy way to transform the way your room looks and make it more comfortable. Here are some tips to give your rooms that designer look:
- To add interest, the fabric on your pillows should be different from the upholstery fabric on your furniture.
- Tightly woven fabrics (like cotton and linen) in similar colors work well in modern environments.
- Velvets, silks, and jacquards look great in classic settings.
- Choose feather-and-down fillers over polyester fills. They are more comfortable and look more natural.
- Choose an odd number of pillows: three, five, or seven usually work best.
- Choose colors and patterns that complement your decor, but vary the scale and intensity of the designs.
- Use pillows to introduce a pop of new color to your room.
- Use pillows in your bedroom: they add texture and color and they're great for reading.
- Spice up your outdoors with indoor/outdoor throw pillows.