Based in Porto, near the heart of the Portuguese textiles industry, Graccioza is one of the best kept secrets in linens. Traditionally, they specialized in private-label products for other luxury vendors, but now they’ve finally made their own collection of bath linens available directly to us. The result is a line like none other on the market today: one that uses ultra high-end raw materials, layers in technology to create some truly innovative bath products, and does so while staying away from harmful substances.
Here’s what sets Graccioza luxury bath linens apart:
1) All their towels are woven using the extra long loops of the finest Egyptian cotton . This produces towels with longer, denser threads, so the they are plusher, softer, and have more surface area to dry you off. If you are looking for the ultimate in bath linens, take a look at their Egoist and Milano collections, which feature Egyptian Cotton Giza. Traditionally, Giza is only reserved for ultrapremium shirts and bedding (like Sferra’s renowned Giza 45 percale and Giza 45 sateen), so it is extraordinary to find it in bath towels.
2) Bacteria Repellent Treatment. For their signature Egoist line, Graccioza devised a method to attach microscopic silver particles to the fiber of the towels. Why? Because this inhibits the growth of bacteria which causes musty smells when the towels are not fully dried. Given that the Egoist towels weigh in at a hefty 800 gsm, this is a game changer which allows these extra fluffy, luxurious towels to feel fresh and require less frequent laundering.
3) Lint-Free Finishes. If you’ve ever run towels through a dryer, you know they leave lots of lint behind. By treating their rugs and towels with a lint-free finish, you’ll see a noticeable reduction (up to 50%) in lint, so that means less time doing laundry. This treatment also improves the absorption of dye and softens fibers, so you get towels that look brighter and feel softer.
4) All towels are prewashed, preshrunk, and treated to resist pilling. This means they are fully absorbent from the first use, and you’ll have a towel that keeps its size wash after wash.
5) All towels are finished with rounded corners, bias binding, and double stitching for added durability. Some, like the Double Tone collection pictured below, are even reversible … with terry on one side and fabric on the back.
6) Standard 100 certification by OEKO-TEX on every product, which means it is free of harmful substances and therefore safe for use with peace of mind.
7) GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certification on their organic cotton products. This is the leading textile certification available, and it limits the uses of toxic bleaches, dyes, and other chemical inputs while ensuring that the materials are sourced in the most ethical and sustainable ways. For Graccioza, this covered a large number of processes, including spinning, trading, dyeing, finishing, weaving, manufacturing, and washing.
8) The Clean Ocean Collection. Made by mixing high-grade cotton with Seaqual, Graccioza has produced a groundbreaking collection of bath towels that looks and feels like premium towels, but draws attention to the plastic pollution in the ocean. For this line, plastic is collected from the ocean and turned into recycled polyester yarn, which is then mixed with cotton and finished with ecological dyes to minimize the consumption of water and energy at the plant.
9) Their signature line: Egoist bath towel collection. You will simply not find a plusher, thicker towel. Woven using Egyptian long-staple Giza cotton, these towels are prewashed, preshrunk, and treated with their innovative antibacterial process. If you like your towels to be plush, these come in at a hefty 800 gsm (whereas most towels in the market are a more common 500 – 650 gsm), so you’d be forgiven for spending a few extra minutes in the shower each day. They are also available in a stunning collection of colors, so you’ll find something to match that custom tile in your master shower. For the kids, get each of them a set of towels in their favorite color, and watch how much easier it will be to get them to take their showers.
10) The Spa Sponge Memory Foam Bath rug, the ultimate luxury for your feet. Available in white, natural, and silver, this innovative collection features a super soft rug with memory foam. On the outside, the bath rug has a very plush cotton surface, so it feels very soft. But on the inside, it has a removable memory foam core with a water-repellent cover, so it will feel plusher than anything you’ve ever stepped on.
11) A charming line of bath robes and towels for the kids!
Are you ready to learn more about Graccioza? Click here to see the entire Graccioza luxury bath linen collection.
Like this post? Sign up for our email list to get news and special offers!