Do you love the way it feels when you walk into the Ralph Lauren store and everything is organized just so? How the clothes just hang beautifully, and it always smells clean and inviting? I do.
And although we can’t all move into a boutique on Madison or Rodeo, you can easily recreate the look at home. With a few simple steps, your closet can feel extraordinary and your clothes can look as good as the day when you first purchased them.
– Organize everything by color and season.
– Invest in a good set of hangers. Not only will they help keep the shape of your clothes, they will also instantly upgrade your closet. There are wood hangers to fit every style: dark stained woods for an English paneled feel (Ralph Lauren), light blond woods for a natural look (Calypso St Barth), painted black for a modern look (Tom Ford), and painted white for a clean, minimalist look (Calvin Klein). Dry cleaning hangers are meant to be temporary.
– Outfit your drawers, shelves, and hangers with delicately scented liners to naturally protect your clothes from pests.
– Treat stains as they appear. The sooner you do this, the easier it will be to remove them.
– Sort your laundry properly. You know what goes where, so make this a breeze by placing a simple set of bags nearby.
– Place a small chair or bench nearby. You’ll need this to put on your shoes, and it will make make your closet feel like a dressing room.
– Add a light scent. A diffuser is a great way to make your closet feel fresh and inviting.
And finally, a fresh flower arrangement!
Like this post? Sign up for our email list to get news and special offers!